The British Council for Therapeutic Interventions With Children Limited (or BCTIWC) is an independent organisation established to protect the public’s interest in the use of play, creative arts and related therapies when used with children, specifically when delivered by Registrants who are entered on the Play Therapy UK (PTUK) Register of Play and Creative Arts Therapists.
Who are we?
The BCTIWC comprises a minimum of five members; the Chair who must be an independent lay person, two play therapists and two lay people. We all have a vested interest in promoting and protecting children’s physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Our members are former and current teachers and teacher’s assistants, university staff and accredited play therapists.
Why do we do this?
Our mission is to ensure that children and young people, many of whom have social, emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties, can access safe and effective Play Therapy. This is what we mean when we use the term ‘the public interest’. We monitor the activities of PTUK to make sure that professional practitioners’ interests are balanced by the public interest and publish our findings.
Minutes of Meetings and Reports - PDF Downloads
Audits and Review
- A Summary of the Annual Report of PTUK by the Chair of BCTIWC Hazel Colyer – 1 – Oct 2014 – Feb 2016
- A Summary of the Annual Audit of PTUK by the Chair of BCTIWC Lorna Lewis October 2017
- A summary of the Annual Report of PTUK by the Chair of BCTIWC Lorna Lewis February 2019
- A summary of the Annual Report of PTUK by the Chair of BCTIWC Lorna Lewis February 2020
- A summary of the Annual Report of PTUK by the Chair of BCTIWC Lorna Lewis February 2021
- A summary of the Annual Report of PTUK by the Chair of BCTIWC Lorna Lewis and Dr. Keith Lampard member of BCTIWC September 2022
- The Appendix of the Annual Report of PTUK by the Chair of BCTIWC Lorna Lewis and Dr. Keith Lampard member of BCTIWC September 2022
Helen Tozer – Chair and Lay Member
Lorna Lewis – Lay Member
Anna Doherty – Lay Member
Evelyn Saunders – Professional Member
Next Board Meeting
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 11th October 2023 at 9am online. Up to two members of the public, who have an interest in therapeutic interventions for children may attend. If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org.